I GENERAL RULES
1. The Official Rules define the conditions of the Town of Ustroń Logo Design Contest, hereinafter referred to as "the Contest".
2. The Contest is organized by the Town of Ustroń located in Ustroń, ul. Rynek 1, 43 - 450 Ustroń, hereinafter referred to as "the Organizer".
3. The Contest commences on November 9, 2015 and lasts until February 29, 2016. The results of the Contest will be announced by May 31, 2016.
4. The organizer reserves the right to change the dates specified in clause 3.
II THE PURPOSE OF THE CONTEST
5. The purpose of the Contest is to select an original Town of Ustroń logo design, hereinafter referred to as “the Logo”, which will become the town’s official visual identity.
6. The Logo will be used for popularizing, marketing and promotional purposes. In particular, the Logo will be used on the letterheads and other printing materials, publications, posters, leaflets, banner ads, special gadgets, electronic media and on the websites.
7. The Logo should evoke positive associations and emphasize the town’s character and specificity.
8. The Logo should include the name of the town and a graphic element.
9. The Logo will be used interchangeably with the coat of arms in situations where the use of the latter is not recommended or it is advisable to replace it with a different symbol, therefore the Logo cannot contain in itself the current version of the official coat of arms.
III PARTICIPANTS IN THE CONTEST
10. The Contest is international and consists of one stage. It is addressed to all interested individuals, including graphic designers, artists and students, graduates and academic staff of art universities and legal persons.
11. The Contest Participants must read and accept the Official Rules.
12. Participants in the Contest must be 18 years old and have full legal capacity to act.
13. Employees of the Organizer and members of the Contest Jury, as well as members of their immediate families, cannot participate in the Contest. Immediate family members include ascendants, descendants, siblings, spouses and persons adopted.
IV. TERMS & CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST
14. Participation in the contest is free of charge and voluntary.
15. In order to participate in the Contest you need to fill in the electronic entry form available on our website at www.logo.ustron.pl and attach your logo design there.
16. The following information about the Participant are required in the electronic entry form available on our website at www.logo.ustron.pl:
- full name and, in the case of legal persons, name of the legal person and names of the persons authorized to represent the legal person,
- date of birth, in the case of legal persons entry number in the relevant register (e.g. KRS - National Court Register),
- correspondence address,
- phone number,
- NIP (taxpayer ID number).
17. The entry form should be completed in full. Submitted forms lacking any of the above information will not be considered for the Contest.
18. Submitting the completed entry form, and thus participating in the Contest is tantamount to a statement that:
- the Participant is entitled to copyrights and derivative rights (within the meaning of the Act of 4 February 1994 on copyright and related rights - Dz. U. (Journal of Laws) 2006, No. 90, item 631, as amended) to the submitted logo design and that the Participant agrees to the use of the logo design for the duration of the Contest and for purposes related to the execution of the Contest,
- upon entering the Contest, the Participant has read and accepts the terms & conditions defined in the Official Rules of the Contest,
- entering the Contest, the Participant does not violate any of the provisions of the Official Rules of the Contest,
- the submitted logo was created solely for the purpose of the Contest and is an original work which has not been previously published anywhere,
- if the Participant's logo design is chosen (wins the Contest), the Participant agrees to transfer copyrights and derivative rights to the Town of Ustroń on the terms specified in the agreement annexed to the Official Rules,
- if the Participant's logo design is chosen (wins the Contest) and the Participant is a legal or natural person operating a business, the Participant agrees to deliver to the Organizer: an updated extract from the relevant register or a current certificate of entry in the register of business activity prior to signing the agreement annexed to the Official Rules. All necessary documents should be submitted in the original or as certified true copies – dated, bearing an official stamp and signed by an authorized person. Participants registered in Poland or entered in the register of business activity in Poland are allowed to submit electronic printouts of documents from the Central Information of the National Court Register maintained by the Minister of Justice or from the Central Registration and Information on Business maintained by the Minister of Economy.
19. Collective works cannot be submitted to the Contest.
20. Each Participant may submit up to 3 logo designs to the Contest. All proposed logo designs should be submitted in the same entry form.
21. A Logo should be submitted to the Contest in the form of a contest work and include:
- Logo in colour on a white background, saved as JPG,
- Logo in black and white, saved as JPG,
- visualization: a minimum of three examples of the Logo use (e.g. on a website, shirt or poster, in a print ad, on letterhead, etc.), saved as JPG.
Each file should be uploaded in 1024x768 resolution.
22. Contest works will not be returned to the Participants of the Contest. The Organizer undertakes not to use the works that have not been awarded, with the exception of the presentation of all the works on the Contest website referred to in clause 32 hereof.
23. Failing to include any of the items referred to in clause 21, which constitute an integral part of the work, will result in the submission not being considered for the Contest.
24. The Organizer cannot be held responsible for any submissions which did not reach him for reasons beyond his control, including due to Internet connection problems.
V. THE CONTEST JURY AND THE VERDICT
25. The Organizer appoints the Contest Jury to assess the submitted logo designs and inspect the fulfilment of formal requirements of the Official Rules by the Participants.
26. By March 31, 2016 the Contest Jury will:
- present to the Organizer information on the fulfilment of the formal requirements by the Participants of the Contest,
- assess the submitted logo designs and propose candidates for winning the Contest.
27. The Mayor supervises the Contest Jury in terms of conducting the Contest in compliance with the Official Rules of the Contest and, in particular, approves of the decisions of the Contest Jury.
28. The Contest Jury consists of 5 members. These members are:
- representatives of the Organizer (2 people)
- a graphic designer (1 person)
- representatives of the Ustroń Town Council (1 person)
- a representative of the artistic, marketing or tourism industry or of the press/media, or a person engaged in visual or spatial identification (1 person).
29. In the regulation on the appointment of the Contest Jury, the Mayor shall appoint a Chairperson of the Jury from among its members. The Chairperson organizes the work of the Jury meetings.
30. The meetings of the Contest Jury and its decisions are valid if at least half of the Jury members are present.
VI ASSESSMENT OF THE SUBMITTED WORKS AND DETERMINING THE WINNERS
31. The Contest Jury will present 3 winning logo designs candidates to the Organizer.
32. All logo designs in colour referred to in clause 21 subclause 1 of the Official Rules, meeting the requirements set in the Rules, will be displayed at www.logo.ustron.pl in a way allowing the Internet users to vote for one of the projects.
33. The voting and the voting results referred to in clause 32 serve only as a consultation and are not binding on the Contest Jury.
34. When assessing the submissions/entries, the Contest Jury takes into consideration the following criteria:
- the criterion of creativity and aesthetics - the Logo should be characterized by originality and innovativeness, understood as possessing the quality of attractive uniqueness of the graphic concept, which arouses curiosity and interest. The Logo must meet the highest standards in the field of graphic design, including those relating to typography and composition of the design. The Logo should be characterised by creativity of the idea, meaning and the symbolism used.
- the criterion of clear message - the Logo is intended to serve as the Town of Ustroń’s visual identity.
- the criterion of functionality - the Logo must be effective both in colour and in black & white (positive, negative) monochrome. The Logo must be easily scalable as required by different types of media and various information-promotional media, including letterhead, brochures, presentations, websites, promotional films and commercials.
35. Points will be awarded for each criterion as follows:
- the criterion of creativity and aesthetics: 0 - 15 points,
- the criterion of clear message: 0 - 10 points,
- the criterion of functionality: 0 - 5 points.
36. The Contest Jury will select the winners during a meeting in the following way: from all the submitted projects, each member of the Contest Jury will select 3 works, which will give 15 best projects in total. If the logo designs selected by individual members of the Contest Jury coincide, the total number of best projects will be lower than 15. Each member of the Contest Jury will then individually award points to the logo designs using the scale referred to in clauses 34 and 35. Points awarded by the members of the Contest Jury add up. One project can receive a maximum of 150 points. The selection of winners is carried out according to the number of points awarded, so that the logo design which receives the most points receives the first place, and further projects second and third places respectively. If two or more projects receive the same number of points, the final decision will be made by the Chairperson of the Contest Jury.
37. The Contest Jury shall prepare a report from its proceedings signed by all the members present at the meeting.
38. The Contest Jury will present the signed report from the proceedings to the Organizer together with a suggestion of awards referred to in clauses 39 and 40.
39. The winner will receive a cash prize of PLN 10 000 gross (ten thousand złoty).
40. The second and third place winners will receive cash prizes, respectively:
- PLN 2 000 gross (two thousand złoty) for the second place.
- PLN 1 000 gross (one thousand złoty) for the third place.
41. In justified cases, the Contest Jury reserves the right to alter the distribution of the prizes.
42. In order to collect the cash prize, the Participant who wins the first place must:
- provide the Organizer with the required documents referred to in clause 18 subclause 6 before signing the agreement transferring the copyrights and derivative rights to the winning Logo,
- sign the agreement transferring the copyrights and derivative rights to the winning Logo,
- return by post the signed agreement within two weeks from receiving it on the e-mail address indicated in the entry form. All costs incurred by returning the signed agreement shall be borne by the Participant in the Contest.
43. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to make any modifications to the winning logo design for its effective use, while respecting the original form.
44. Cash prizes will be paid in the Polish currency - złoty (PLN). Taxes and fees, including, where necessary, bank charges, overflow, conversion, etc., will be deducted from the prizes.
IIX ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE CONTEST RESULTS
45. The results of the Contest will be announced by May 31, 2016 by the Mayor’s regulation approving the Contest Jury’s proposal.
46. The results of the Contest will be made public at www.logo.ustron.pl and at www.ustron.pl, as well as on the official Facebook profile of the Town of Ustroń .
47. The results of the Contest are final. Participants in the Contest are not entitled to any form of appeal.
48. The winners will be notified of the results of the Contest by phone or e-mail.
49. Cash prizes will be presented / transferred to the winners of the Contest by a date set by the Organizer.
50. The Organizer cannot be held responsible for the inability to transfer cash prizes to the winners for reasons beyond his control.
51. The form, time and method of delivering the prizes is determined by the Organizer.
52. The Organizer reserves the right to publish the names and other information about the Winners of the Contest, as well as the projects, and to include this information in the Organizer’s advertising materials, in the media and on the Internet.
53. If an agreement between the Winner of the Contest is not made due to reasons attributable to the former, the Organizer has a right to re-appoint the Contest Jury in order to select another Winner (first place holder) - both from the Participants who won the second and third places and other Participants. If the selected Winner is a Participant who, in the first selection, won second or third place, this Participant receives only the prize for the first place.
IX PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
54. The Organizer of the Contest is the personal data administrator.
55. By entering the Contest, the Participant agrees to the processing of personal data in accordance with the Act of 29 August 1997 on the protection of personal data (Dz. U. 2002, No. 101, item 926, as amended) for the proper execution of the Contest, including the selection of winners and granting, issuing and receiving prizes.
56. Providing the personal data by the Participant is voluntary, however, if the Participant refuses to provide the data or refuses to consent to the processing of personal data for the purpose of the Contest, the work submitted to the Contest will not be considered.
57. The Participant of the Contest shall have the right to access the personal data and to correct it.
X FINAL PROVISIONS
58. The Official Rules is the only document defining the rules of the Contest.
59. Submitting a work to the Contest is tantamount to the acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Official Rules in full and without conditions. The Participant entering the Contest undertakes, in particular, to follow the rules specified in the Official Rules and, at the same time, confirms meeting all the requirements for entering the Contest.
60. The Organizer cannot be held responsible for entering false or incorrect data supplied by the Participants in the Contest.
61. The Organizer reserves the right to amend the Official Rules at any stage of the Contest using appropriate forms of informing and communicating with the Participants of the Contest.
62. The Organizer reserves the right to not settle, suspend or cancel the Contest for legitimate reasons. Cancellation of the Contest may take place in particular in the case where a Participant refuses to conclude the agreement referred to in clause 18 subclause 5 of the Official Rules. The Organizer’s decision in this matter is final.
63. The Official Rules are interpreted solely by the Organizer. In matters not regulated in the Official Rules, the decision is made by the Organizer. The Organizer’s decisions cannot be appealed.
64. The Contest is not a game of chance within the meaning of the Act of 29 July 1992 on games and mutual wagering (Dz. U. No. 68, item 341, as amended).
65. The Official Rules of the Contest are available in the Organizer’s office (Ustroń Town Hall, ul. Rynek 1, 43-450 Ustroń, third floor, room 40) and on the websites www.logo.ustron.pl and www.ustron.pl.
66. The law applicable in the Contest is the Polish law.
67. In matters not governed by the provisions of the Official Rules, the provisions of the Act of 23 April 1964 Civil Code (i.e. Dz. U. 2014, item 121 as amended) and the Act of 4 February 1994 on copyright and related rights (i.e. Dz. U. 2006, No. 90, item 631, as amended) shall apply.
68. All information about the Contest can be obtained by writing at the following address: email@example.com.